X Games Austin 2016 spectator info
VENUE INFORMATION AND POLICIES
- For the quickest and most up-to-date alerts on Austin weather, check out the X Games Austin 2016 app, available for iPhone and Android.
- For the most up-to-date event information visit www.xgames.com or download the X Games Austin app. For real-time updates and to connect to thousands of other X Games fans, like us on Facebook and follow @xgames on Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram. Join the conversation by using #XGAMES.
- X Games Austin 2016 will return to Circuit of The Americas (COTA) June 2-5, 2016.
- All persons/bags entering the X Games venues are subject to search at all times, on or in the parking lots, shuttles, and COTA properties. Bags larger than 14" square, i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc. are not allowed in the venue.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the following items are not allowed at the X Games: large bags, weapons, alcohol, coolers, pets (working animals excepted, i.e. guide dog); chairs, large umbrellas, selfie sticks, laser-lights, noisemakers (i.e. air-horns); glass bottles, aluminum cans or beverages of any kind in unsealed containers.
- Guests may not bring any food and/or beverage items into the venue. The only exception is a factory sealed plastic bottled water, one liter or smaller. Empty water containers are permitted into the venue for use at facility provided water refilling stations. Guests with special dietary needs, infant formula or baby food, religious requirements, or medical conditions may be approved in advance through the Guest Services department.
- Guests must return unauthorized items to their vehicles or dispose them prior to entrance into the venue. Guest Services will not check-in any food or beverage items. The venue will not be responsible for safeguarding unauthorized items.
- Large posters and banners must be inspected by security before being allowed in the venue. X Games reserves the right to refuse admission of signage. Sticks or poles to hold flags/banners are not permitted.
- Skateboards and in-line skates are not allowed on the venue. Please use the skate check service at the Grand Plaza entrance of COTA. No skateboards, in-line skates, bikes, scooters or other sports equipment will be allowed inside the gates of the X Games venues. Skateboards and Bicycles will both be available to check-out and use as part of activations located within the SOUR PUNCH Next X Parks Festival Village.
- Designated bicycle parking at COTA will be located outside of the Grand Plaza Entrance Gates, immediately West of the Box Office.
- Skateboards will be left at Skate Check at the risk of the guest.
- Stroller parking is available at designated areas throughout the X Games venue. Please take all personal items and belongings out of your stroller when leaving it unattended at stroller parking. Strollers will be left at the risk of the guest.
- Guests must wear shirts and shoes. No bare feet allowed.
- X Games is a non-smoking event. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. Smoking is not permitted in the reserved seating areas or Amphitheater lawns.
- X Games is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged goods. This includes checked items as well as strollers.
- X Games reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone at any time.
- Commercial photography or videography is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in ejection and/or loss of credential/ticket. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: Lenses greater than three and one half inches in length, telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. All wireless frequencies must be coordinated by the ESPN onsite frequency coordinator, and all wireless gear must be tagged with an ESPN X Games Austin 2016 approval sticker.
- Gates and/or specific competition venues will be closed when capacity is reached.
- Competitions are subject to move days and times based on weather and/or may be rescheduled. Competitions and concerts may be delayed or cancelled due to severe weather.
- All existing facility policies may be enforced in addition to X Games venue policies.
Please visit www.xgames.com for the full competition and concert schedule (schedule subject to change). Please note that practices are not open to the public.
The X Games COTA venue will host Moto X Step Up and Harley-Davidson Flat-Track Racing on Thursday, June 2, 2016 and the following finals June 3-5: BMX Big Air, BMX Dirt, Park, Street, Vert; America's Navy Skateboard Big Air, Monster Energy Men's Skateboard Street, Street Amateurs, Women's Street, Park, Vert, Vert Best Trick; Moto X Freestyle, Best Whip/Quarter Pipe, Best Trick.
Access to all competition venues included with the purchase of a General Admission ticket. All General Admission viewing is available at a first come first serve basis, including the Park competition viewing area in the Main Grandstands.
Thursday, June 2, 5 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Friday, June 3, 2 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Sunday, June 5, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
X GAMES FESTIVALS AT COTA
X Games Austin 2016 will feature six themed interactive festival villages: Galleria, Sour Punch Next X Parks, Torchy's Tacos Playground, Vert Village, Sound Factory and Gaming Shack. Villages will offer entertainment, interactive games, attractions, food and other activities, all included with price of admission. Located throughout COTA, the festival villages will also feature live music, athlete autograph signings, giveaways and much more.
Friday, June 3, 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday, June 5, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
X GAMES MUSIC
X Games Music performers include: All Time Low, blink-182, G-Eazy and Logic taking center stage at the Austin360 Amphitheater as part of the fully interactive music festival experience. All Music vouchers must be exchanged for a wristband at the Music Guest Service Tent located in the Vert Village. In addition to the amphitheater lineup, The Reverend Horton Heat will be playing on Thursday night at the Flat-Track and Moto X Step Up venue. Entry to Flat-Track is free with downloaded voucher from ticketmaster.com.
Friday, June 3, 9 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Saturday, June 4, 9 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
DRIVING DIRECTIONS & PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Circuit of the Americas is easily accessed from SH 130 (toll road) by exiting onto Elroy Rd or FM 812. The venue is located at 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd. Austin, TX 78617, which can be accessed from the north off of Elroy Rd or from the south off of FM 812.
Parking for the Harley-Davidson Flat Track racing event at COTA on Thursday, June 2, 2016 is an additional $15 and located in Lot C. Free motorcycle parking is located in the McAngus lots directly south of the Flat-Track venue, accessed via McAngus Road.
Parking for X Games events at COTA on June 3-5, 2016 can be purchased in advance from Ticketmaster (online, phones, outlets), or can also be purchased on the day of the event at the venue parking entrance. Premium parking in Lots B, C and D can only be purchased in advance and costs $75 for the 3 day parking pass. Standard parking in Lots A, F, and H can be purchased in advance for $35 for the 3 day pass, $15 for a single day pass, and on-site cash parking for $20 per car per day is also available in Lots A, E, F, and H. Complimentary motorcycle parking will only be available in Lot H on a first come first serve basis. Guests are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure discounted pricing and to have access to the parking lots closest to the Grand Plaza entrance.
If parking was purchased in advance to expedite entry, please place the parking pass on the driver-side dashboard upon entering the facility so that the large parking letter is clearly visible to the parking attendants. Parking lots will open one hour prior to the X Games entrance gates opening.
Parking for guests with mobility issues is available with proper state identification at COTA. Lots B, C, and D will be available only to those who have purchased Premium Parking in those lots. All other guest with mobility issues will be directed to park in the Standard ADA parking spots, located in Lots A and H.
TAXIS, LIMOUSINES AND CHARTER BUSES Taxis may enter Circuit of The Americas Blvd. to drop off and pick up guests from Elroy Road or FM 812. Once on Circuit of The Americas Blvd. follow the signs to the Taxi load zone located located in the Taxi Cutout across from Lot B on COTA Blvd. Limousines may enter Circuit of The Americas Blvd. from Elroy Road and proceed to the Limo/Bus drop off zone which is located on the west side of the street and just north of the Grand Plaza main gates (north of Lot C).
Limousines will be required to pay the on-site parking fee of $20 per day. Mini buses (24 passengers or less) may enter Circuit of The Americas Blvd. from Elroy Road and proceed to the Limo/Bus drop off zone, which is located on the west side of the street and just north of the Grand Plaza main gates (north of Lot C). Mini buses will be required to pay the on-site parking fee of $30 per day. Full-size Motor Coaches must pre-purchase a permit in order to have access on Circuit of The Americas property. Call 512-655-6300 for permit requests. Motor coaches with permit will enter Circuit of The Americas Blvd. from Elroy Rd. and proceed to Lot C for passenger drop-off. Motor Coaches will remain in Lot C until passengers are ready to leave.
No in/out privileges. Motor Coaches will be required to pay the permit parking fee of $50 per day. Depending on the volume of limo's, mini buses, and motor coaches, drivers may be asked to "stage" in an overflow lot until guests exit the venue.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
Guests can be dropped off and picked up at COTA at the designated spectator pick-up and drop off location directly across from Lot B (look for the Taxi and Passenger Drop-off sign). No parking will be allowed - just drop-off and pick-up. Any cars left unattended in those areas may be towed at owner's expense. Please adhere to the 15 minute policy for this area.
From June 3-5 a complimentary network of shuttles at COTA can transport guests between designated pick-up and drop-off points on 2 separate routes. Shuttles will operate on a continuous loop beginning 1 hour prior to the X Games gates opening through 30 minutes after the conclusion of the concerts at the end of each night. Route 1 will pick-up and drop-off at the Main Grandstand Entrance, and the Grand Plaza Entrance (at Lot B). Route 2 will pick-up and drop-off at Lot H, Lot F, and and the Grand Plaza Entrance (at Lot D).
Also new for 2016, X Games Austin will be offering fans X Games ATXPRESS Shuttle passes for purchase beginning today at www.xgames.com. Passes are priced at $35 per day or $99 for Friday-Sunday competition days and will include coach bus transportation from the X Games Shuttle Hub at the Austin Convention Center in downtown Austin to the Circuit of The Americas.
X Games ATXPRESS shuttles will run continuously throughout each day between the following hours:
Friday, June 3, 1 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Saturday, June 4, 9 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sunday, June 5, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Guest Services is the designated area for all event information and event services. Event schedule, venue activities, lost and found, wheelchair viewing maps and other event services are offered. The X Games Guest Services Tents are located in the Galleria and Vert Village. An additional pop-up Guest Services location will be located at the McAgnus Lots in support of Harley-Davidson Flat-Track Racing.
GUEST SERVICES HOURS
Thursday, June 2
Harley-Davidson Flat-Track Racing (COTA: Mcagnus Lots) 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday, June 3
Galleria, Next X Parks 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Vert Village 2 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday, June 4
Galleria, Next X Parks 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Vert Village 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sunday, June 5
Galleria, Next X Parks 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Vert Village 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For any event-related questions or concerns while on-site, please locate a Guest Services Representative or ask where the closest one can be found.
Designated wheelchair viewing areas have been established at all X Games competition and concert venues. Staff in the Guest Services tent will be available to escort an individual to a wheel chair viewing area. COTA maintains accessible seating in various sections of the seating area for guests with ADA needs.
ATMs are located throughout the Grand Plaza near concession stand locations, in the middle of the Main Grandstand, and in other locations around the venue.
Circuit of the Americas offers a wide selection of food entrees and snacks from concessions stands inside the X Games grounds, as well as in the restaurants and pubs set up throughout the grounds. Beverage options include Coke products and full bars offering beer, wine and spirits. Torchy's Tacos Playground is designated an alcohol-free zone.
LOST CHILDREN/LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
Lost and Found is also located at the Guest Services tents. Items that are found should be turned into staff at these locations. Guests reporting any lost items should be directed there as well. For Lost & Found item recovery following the event, please call 512-301-6600. X Games will not be held liable for any unclaimed items.
Tag-A-Kid is available at all Guest Services locations. Adults can get a wristband for their child and register them with the X Games Guest Services Staff. If the child becomes lost, the wristband will give an event staff employee or security the necessary information to escort the child back to the adult they came with. If a parent is not on-site, the child will be taken to the closest Guest Services Tent.
On-site medical is available to guests. If you have or see a medical emergency, please contact Security immediately and they will notify medical personnel. The Spectator Medical tents are located on the west side of the Galleria and Playground, and as roaming response teams.
Official X Games merchandise is available in the Galleria near the Grand Plaza entrance. Additional merchandise locations can be found throughout the COTA venue.
COTA is located within standard cell phone service range. Mobile charging stations and/or electrical outlets will be available on a first-come first serve basis at LifeProof in the Galleria, and at select Guest Services Tents. Phones left are at the risk of the owner.
Restroom facilities will be available to guests within the festival villages near turn 19, and within the Main Grandstand of COTA. Additional temporary restroom facilities will be found throughout the X Games venue.
Security Check Points are located at the entrances and exits of all X Games venues. Event security personnel are also patrolling the venue and will assist with crowd and access control.
SKATE CHECK HOURS AT COTA GRAND PLAZA ENTRANCE
Skate check service is located at the Grand Plaza entrance of COTA. Skateboards left after hours will be available for pick-up on the next event day or by contacting Guest Services. Items left after Skate Check hours will be given to the main Guest Service Tent in the Galleria. After the event days all decks will be turned over to COTA lost and found.
Friday, June 3, 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday, June 5, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
X Games and COTA embrace sustainability through resource conservation & recovery, site stewardship and community outreach. Please support efforts to minimize landfill waste by disposing of trash, recyclables and compost in the appropriate containers. Remember to bring a container to refill during the event at one of the many hydration stations. To learn more about X Games Sustainability please visit the ESPN Corporate Citizenship tent located in the Galleria or speak with a member of the X Games team.
Tickets can be purchased online from Ticketmaster.com, or by phone at (800) 745-3000, or at any Ticketmaster outlets. On the day of the event, tickets can be purchased at the Circuit of the Americas Box Office from June 2-5 (subject to availability).
To ensure guests have a reserved seat for their favorite events, ESPN highly encourages guests to purchase tickets and wristbands online and have in hand when arriving on-site to avoid long lines at Will Call.
Will Call wristbands are to be picked up at the Will Call windows of the Circuit of the Americas box office, located right in front of the Grand Plaza main entrance gates. Will Call temporary parking will be located directly across from Lot B (look for the Taxi and Passenger Drop-off sign). No parking will be allowed -- just drop-off and pick-up. Any cars left unattended in those areas may be towed at owner's expense. Please adhere to the 15 minute policy for this area.
COTA BOX OFFICE HOURS
Tuesday, May 31 - Wednesday, June 1: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, June 2: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday, June 3: 12 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday, June 4: 9 a.m.- 11 p.m.
Sunday, June 5: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Children aged 2 and under are admitted free when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Children ages 3 and older must have a ticket to enter the X Games grounds.
X Games 3 Day pass holders and single day pass holders will be allowed re-entry throughout the weekend.
The reselling of tickets is prohibited at all times on the X Games grounds of Circuit of The Americas, any part of parking lots, or other areas on the property.
Competitions are subject to move days and times based on weather and/or may be rescheduled. Concerts will go on, rain or shine.
All Times listed are Central Time Zone. All information is subject to change. For any additional questions or concerns you might have please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-301-6600.