X Games Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. DESCRIPTION: X Games Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on 1/8/2024 at 9 AM PST and end on 1/12/2024 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Sports Content Creation LLC d/b/a X Games, 2525 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016 ( "Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Sports Content Creation LLC d/b/a X Games, 2525 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016 ("Administrator", and collectively with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Questions, comments, or concerns related to the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sports Content Creation LLC d/b/a X Games at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reach the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”). Employees, officers and directors of Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies; and the Immediate Family Members, and/or Household Members of each, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “Household Member” shall mean any person who shares the same residence at least three (3) months a year; “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential Winner in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or potential Winner will be deemed the authorized account holder of the phone number associated with the Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the phone number was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential Winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period by any of the following two (2) methods described below:
Enter via text: ““” Send a text message containing “SLOPES“ to (772) 494-2637 from your cellular phone or a two-way text-messaging capable device (collectively, the “Device”). A bounce-back text message will be sent to the phone number from which the text message originated containing a link to the Sweepstakes website (“Website”). Message and data rates may apply. Text “STOP” to stop. Text “HELP” for help. Reply “STOP” to opt out. Once on the Website, complete the on-screen registration form to submit one (1) text Entry into the Sweepstakes (“Text Entry”). Text Entries must be received by 1/12/2024 at 11:59 PM PST to be eligible.
Enter via mail: On a postcard, card, or piece of paper that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches, legibly handwrite your complete name, mailing address, date of birth, phone number, and email address ””and mail with proper postage to: X Games Sweepstakes, 2525 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016. All mail Entries (“Mail Entries” or individually, “Mail Entry”must be postmarked by 1/8/2024 and received by 1/12/2024 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Mail Entry per envelope/postcard. Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) Mail Entry into the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced Mail Entries will be accepted. Mail Entries must contain all fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, misdirected Mail Entries, or Mail Entries not received in time for the random drawing.
Text Entries and Mail Entries will be collectively referred to as “Entries” (and singularly, as an “Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of Entry. Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempt by any Entrant to avoid compliance with the limitations on Entries in these Official Rules by using multiple/different accounts, identities, email addresses, registrations and logins or any other methods will void such Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on the Website.
NOTE ABOUT ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES VIA TEXT USING A DEVICE: When you use your Device and/or transmit data via your Device, standard data/text messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Check your Device’s capabilities for specific instructions. Text messages will be sent from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. By texting (772) 494-2637 you will be opting in to receive future marketing communications from Sponsor. Reply "STOP" to opt out.
4. WINNER SELECTION : Within approximately 7 business days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, the potential “Winner(s)” will be selected by the Administrator via a random drawing from all eligible Entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Within approximately 7 business days after the random drawing, potential Winner(s) will be notified by email and/or telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including (but not limited to) inactive email account(s) or telephone numbers, related technical difficulties, or failure to adequately monitor email account(s) or voicemail boxes.
Notified potential Winner(s) will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 24 hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential Winner(s) may be required to verify address, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential Winner from the remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
Winner(s) shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges (if applicable), including (but not limited to) fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, as well as the reporting consequences thereof. Other restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
Limit one (1) prize per Entrant and per household. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted by Winner. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Winner cannot accept a prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The stated ARV of each prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of the prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The value of each prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed.
If a prize is valued at $600 or more, the Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes and an IRS Form-1099 may be issued for the actual value of the prize received.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, participation in, or use of a Sweepstakes prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty or failed electric data transmissions, or for any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) inaccessibility, unavailability, suspension, or discontinuation of any network or wireless service, Internet or website, telephone system, wireless phone service, landline phone service, computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iv)
data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (v) late, lost, delayed, stolen, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, regardless of the method of transmission; (vi) any inability of Winner(s) to accept or use the prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance, or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select Winner(s) from eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Each Entrant authorizes Sponsor and its designees to use his/her/their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state/territory of residence and Entry materials in programming, advertising or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity and in all media now known or hereafter known, and on a Winner's list, if applicable, without further notice or compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at its sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
9. INDEMNITY: Winner(s) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) any Winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach, or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any Winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, participation in, or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from.
10. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of the State of New York. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR PRIZES SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
11. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) the Entrant may have against Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in New York, New York; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Entrant or Sponsor; and (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
13. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Sports Content Creation LLC d/b/a X Games
Attn: X Games Sweepstakes Winners List Request
2525 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016
Requests for the names of the Winners must be received no later than one (1) year after the Sweepstakes Period has ended. Vermont residents may omit return postage.